Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Top ten


On Friday Stephen will be 1 month old! On one hand I can't believe that he is already 1 month old, but on the other hand it's only been one month since Stephen has been born and I can't remember how my life was before Stephen joined our family. In this short, but long month, of parenthood, I have learned so much, and I decided that I would record my findings in a top 10 list. For those of you who are already parents, you will probably be thinking "I told you so," followed by a few head nods, and if we're lucky a smile. For those of you with out kids, I am not sure what you will be thinking, because like I said, I can't quite remember what my life was like before Stephen blessed us with his presence.

Top 10 list of what I have learned ....
10. The true power of the "power nap"
9. How quickly the day can fly by while the night can last so long
8. Late night television .... It's amazing what people try to sale at 2:00 a.m.
7. The true meaning behind the phrase "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach"
6. How much can be accomplished with just 1 hand
5. I am apparently obsessed with poop .... how often it comes ... the color ... how much is there
(yep its pretty disturbing)
4. How long I can sit and stare at little things ... little fingers, little toes, little nose, little ears, ect. ect.
3. How instantly a smile can melt away ALL your troubles (even if the smile is gas related)
2. How the love and support of family and friends is truly price less
1. How there can be so much love in your heart that you think it will burst!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! welcome to the wonderful world of blogging :) we need pictures of you and stephen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 8 is so true. I remember in the beginning, I wouldn't turn the tv off. It's not for the reason you would think though. I thought turning a lamp on was to bright and no light on was to dark. For some reason, I decided the light from the tv was just right. Oh, those first few months . . .

    I also remember in those first days home, there was a Mad About You marathon on that would take us straight through the night. The first night it wasn't on anymore was painful!

    Thanks for helping me remember those days that go by way to fast! Enjoy your last week home! We are anxious to get you back but I know it will be hard. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, thanks for sharing your blog. It warmed my heart!

    Oh, and #3 really made ME smile...After not seeing my kiddos since last week, their smiles this afternoon when I went to pick them up from school delighted my soul.

    I guess you never stop feeling that way about those smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited! Another blog to follow! I can't wait for the many more posts to come. I, myself, do not have a blog because my life literally is boring! One day, when I grow up, I can't wait to experience all that you get the privilege of experiencing now. You are truly, truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to being a mom. It really does fly by. It seems like yesterday I was getting up with Paige and thought she would NEVER sleep. The great news is that is gets easier, or maybe we just either way, its so wonderful. If you need anything please ask.

    ReplyDelete